JOIN AS A VOLUNTEER
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line »Volunteering« and a brief introduction of yourself and how you would like to help.
As a volunteer you can support the annual organization of the Pride Parade Festival and join a large international group of volunteers, who run the festival every year.
You can help with:
- food and donations
- setting up event scenery and visual materials, pri promociji,
- event promotion,
- the technical setup and recording at events,
- being a parade steward,
- and much more!
Since its founding, our association has been working and creating exclusively through volunteer work. The association’s leadership as well as the on-the-ground supporters of the entire program and activities are volunteers. More than 100 volunteers from Slovenia and abroad support the Pride Parade Festival each year and 20 volunteers back the Association’s activities during the rest of the year. The association has been certified youth-friendly since 2015.
Volunteering is also one of the main pillars of the Association: we acknowledge the power of volunteering for youth participation, increasing LGBTIQ+ visibility, and the activation of the entire society. We also realize that all organizations do not adequately support young LGBTIQ+ people, so our main mission is to include and offer opportunities to young LGBTIQ+ people.
The whole LGBTIQ+ volunteering program of the Pride Parade Association is supported by the projects:
- Prostovoljstvo za družbeno participacijo in opolnomočenje LGBTIQ+ mladih (Volunteering for the Civic Participation and Empowerment of LGBTIQ+ youth), funded by the Slovene Ministry for Public Administration,
- S solidarnostjo premagujemo sovraštvo (Overcoming Hate through Solidarity), a volunteering project funded by the European Solidarity Corps,
- Podpora LGBTIQ+ prostovoljstvu (Support for LGBTIQ+ Volunteering), funded by the European Solidarity Corps.