- This event has passed.
Workshop: About bullying through art
12. January od 09:00–13. January od 17:00
Have you ever experienced peer violence based on your sexual orientation and/or gender identity? Perhaps you still experience peer violence at school or mobbing in the workplace? Are you the target of hateful comments online? Do you want to talk about these experiences in a safe space through creative approaches? Would you like to reach out other LGBTIQ + young people who are in a similar position, by sharing their experiences? Do you want to actively come out against violence?
Since 2015 Pride Parade Association has been addressing peer violence and violence online through the project Culture of Humiliation. Among other things, we are conducting workshops to raise awareness about the negative consequences of bullying and cyberbullying in schools and youth centres; we organize exhibitions and storytelling about peer violence experiences; we have also published an informative booklet with recommendations for teachers and bystanders… For more on what we’ve been doing, go to www.cultureofhumiliation.org.
In 2019 we will continue to work for all of you who still experience peer violence. We invite you to join us in the project Overcoming the Culture Of Humiliation. Join the creative workshops that will enable you to “talk” about your experiences through creativity and art, and reach out other young LGBTIQ + people who are in a similar situation. We want to create a space with you where we can safely talk about experiencing violence and find creative ways to talk about this topic or to talk about it and present it to the general public.
We invite everyone who:
– identifies as LGBTIQ +,
– has or has had experience with bullying and/or cyberbullying,
– is ready to talk about it or to express it through creative ways,
– can attend the initial workshops on 12 and 13 January in Ljubljana,
– is ready for longer cooperation: 6 shorter workshops between January and June 2019 (once a month).
APPLY until 7 January 2019
Are you worried that you do not have enough experience with creative self-expression?
Previous experiences or skills of artistic expression are NOT needed – we will support you through workshops!
What we offer:
– the choice between four different artistic areas (illustration, photography, poetry and expression through text, comics/fanzine),
– professional support of LGBTIQ + artists,
– pedagogical support of trainers from Pride Parade Association pool of trainers in the process of addressing the experience of violence,
– the possibility of exhibiting the works that have been made during the Pride Parade Festival 2019,
– the possibility of exhibiting the works in schools and in youth centres around Slovenia,
– reimbursement of the cost of participating in workshops (travel expenses, accommodation, materials, food).
APPLY until 7 January 2019
The registration fee of 10 EUR for an introductory two-day workshop:
– the application will be confirmed upon receipt of the registration fee (on TRR or in cash),
– after completing the workshop, the registration fee is refunded via reimbursement of costs.
Payment via TRR – no later than 7 January 2019:
Društvo Parada ponosa
Vegova 8, 1000 Ljubljana
IBAN: SI56 6100 0001 2119 430 at Delavska hranilnica d. d.
SWIFT / BIC: HDELSI22XXX
Payment in cash – no later than 7 January 2019:
On Dunajska 10, every working day between 9 am and 5 pm or by agreement.
If you cannot afford the fee and need an exemption from it, please contact us at email@example.com
See you on the second weekend of January!